Forest City and Hamilton Bassmasters are pleased to announce our 2017 Interclub Tournament to be held at Long Point Bay (Lake Erie) out of MacDonald Turkey Point Marina on Saturday September 16, 2017. The tournament is open to members in good standing of all Ontario BASS Nation clubs. We’d love to have as many teams out as possible. Additionally, the crew from GameChasersTV will be on hand filming the event for an upcoming episode. This will be a great opportunity to show how great our OBN clubs are! Rules and registration details below.
Forest City and Hamilton Bassmasters Long Point Bay Interclub Tournament
Saturday, September 16, 2017
MacDonald Turkey Point Marina, 92 Clubhouse Rd, Vittoria, ON N0E 1W0
Start Time: 8:00 am Blast-off, Weigh In: 4:00 pm
Rules: Click to Download
• Open to 2 person teams made up of members in good standing of any Ontario BASS Nation club. (Singles permitted at full team price)
• Pairings and payments for Forest City and Hamilton club members will be made in club. Other Ontario BASS Nation club teams can register by email to Mark Biesinger (biesingr”at”me.com) with payments (check, do not mail cash) sent by mail or by Interac transfer (biesingr”at”me.com – preferred method). Payments can also be made tournament morning before blast-off. Payments must be made in full to be eligible for participation, please pre-register.
• Launch at MacDonald Turkey Point Marina and then proceed to MacDonald Turkey Point Marina Gas Bar and Turkey Vegas Bar and Grill Area for blast off at 8:00. Depending on field size a metered or numbered start may be implemented (at discretion of tournament director).
• 5 fish per team, 12 inch minimum (1 pound penalty for undersized fish)- largemouth and smallmouth bass only. On catching a sixth fish the team must immediately cull before resuming fishing.
• Penalty for dead fish – 1/4 pound (4 oz. or 0.25 lbs.). No Culling of Dead Fish. Dead fish cannot be used for Big Bass Prize.
• No fishing until blast-off.
• Late penalty – one pound per minute (i.e. be within ~500 m of weigh in area at 4:00 pm).
• 16ft minimum, 250 HP maximum, $1,000,000 liability insurance minimum, working livewells, all required safety gear.
• PFD’s must be worn when main engine is on. Full Ontario fishing license for those 18 and older (not conservation). Use kill switch and lanyard for main engine. Cannot leave the boat during competition – exceptions restroom breaks and refuelling at marinas – all fishing by team must stop until all team members are back in the boat.
• No fishing with main engine on (trolling with the main engine is prohibited).
• Participants must follow all federal/provincial/local fishing and boating regulations (in particular – respect no wake zones, idle speed only in Marina etc.).
• Live well check by tournament director prior to blast-off.
• Artificial bait only, no live or prepared bait allowed, pork rind may be used.
• Competitors’ boats cannot make contact except for emergency situations (i.e. breakdown).
• Competitors’ boats must not get closer than 6m / 20 feet from each other (i.e. give competitors space, ask if you can fish the water with them).
• Be courteous and respectful of fellow competitors and other persons in the vicinity at all times.
• In the event of a tie, the team with the heaviest single fish wins, still being tied the second biggest fish, and so on. If still tied monies will be pooled and split evenly.
• Tournament director may announce changes to the above rules as needed the morning of the tournament.
• Infraction of the rules may be may result in loss of fish(es), disqualification from tournament. Tournament director decisions are final. Major incidents will be reviewed by Forest City/Hamilton executive and may result in disqualification from future tournaments for a set number of tournaments or period of time, or expulsion from club.
• Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances are prohibited from competitor boats and must not be consumed by participants during tournament hours.
Fee: $100 per team ($10 to big fish pool, $90 to prize pool) 100% payback.
Payout: Up to 30 Boats: Big Fish, 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20% of prize pool
31 or More Boats: Big Fish, 1st 45%, 2nd25%, 3rd 15%, 4th10%, 5th 5%
Boundaries: Inner and Outer Bay Only (see map in downloadable rules sheet)